4/09/2013

So far so good

Well, it's 2 1/2 days into my "Whole7" and I haven't cheated yet.  Except for an accidental taste of QE's popsicle and licking my fingers while cleaning up from her meals once or twice... but that totally doesn't count.

I made veggie egg muffins for BSB to take in the car for breakfast, but I hate that kind of thing, so I've been experimenting with recipes for "fauxtmeal"
- hot cereal made with things like eggs, nut or coconut milk, flaxseed, and so on. As of now tried 3 different ones.  1 was too complicated, 1 didn't seem to accomplish much, but 1 was just about right.

I'm not craving sweets so much as I am convenience.  I can't just go scrounge in the pantry when the mood hits.  I made a point of cutting up a pile of fruit last night and got some more nuts and Larabars to snack on, and plan to whup up some green chips later today.

Because I'm a WAHM, I'm accustomed to eating when I get a chance, and eating whatever I find or feel like making.  Because BSB works a commute away and therefore eats in a more regulated way, I'm paying more attention to him to figure out what, if anything, is changing.  He says he usually gets hungry at a certain time of morning, and yesterday that didn't happen til an hour later.  It makes sense that the eggs are keeping him fuller longer.  And he loved having a grilled chicken salad for lunch!

Day 1:
B: Fauxtmeal 1
L: Veg soup
S: Broiled veg (zucchini, eggplant, portobello) and chicken

Day 2:
B: Fauxtmeal 2 (the winner so far)
L: Celery with almond butter and raisins (yeah, I know, I was busy)
S: Baked flounder with sort-of-pesto, roasted sweet potatoes

Day 3:
B: Fauxtmeal 3
L: Zucchini soup, leftover flounder

No comments:

Post a Comment